Our Library Lab journeys kicked off in May with a couple of inspirational days at the fantastic Manchester Central Library. It allowed us some time to meet and get to know each other a little, find out about the learning programme, have an initial meeting with our mentors and have a tour of Manchester Central Library.
Fellow partner Harriet Hopkins has written an excellent blog post on the Manchester meeting for the Carnegie Blog.
Neil MacInnes, Head of Libraries, Information and Archives at Manchester and current President of the Society of Chief Librarians (SCL) gave us a tour of Manchester Central Library and a presentation about the transformation of the main library and the innovative renewal programme of Manchester Libraries.
L to R Partners and projects cohort 2 of the Carnegie Library Lab programme:
- Caroline Mackie, Library Manager, Herne Hill Library – Skills training in IT & coding
- Naomi Kenny, Librarian, Bonnybridge Library – History in Action
- Natassia Reilly, Branch Manager, Dungiven and Limavady Libraries – A Sense of Place
- Frances Tout, Community Librarian, North Somerset Libraries – Cook2Learn
- Joanne Cousins, Senior Supervisor of Resources, Exeter Library – Adopt a Book
- Harriet Hopkins, Manager, Pyle Library – Art In-formation
Andy Wright, Libraries Manager, Wakefield Libraries is working with me as my mentor. Andy has recently completed a six month secondment for SCL as Public Libraries Project Lead with The Wellcome Trust. Andy has a particular interest in the relationship between libraries and health, so with his experience and knowledge he is an ideal mentor for me and my project.